Gurdeep Pandher is pleased and honoured to announce that the Bhangra Show is happening at Yukon Arts Centre in Whitehorse on December 18, 2018. When there is cold season around, we warm up the Christmas spirit with high-energy Bhangra moves. We bring delights and make faces smile. Not only we celebrate the Sikh cultural dance in the Yukon, but also bring all other cultures together. Being “inclusive, open and doing things together” is our strength.
Like previous two shows, this Year’s show will also feature Gurdeep Pandher and his dance students as lead performers. On the top of that, created by the Yukon locals, there will be many great world-class blends, which are highlighted below:-
- Bhangra to Irish-Celtic music by the band “Crooked Folk” (Jerome McIntyre, Keitha Clark, BJ MacLean and Simon Crelli)
- Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous Can Can Line Dancers and Bhangra Dancers’ Mix Dance
- Bhangra with Extremely Moving Youth Society (30 EMYS students dancing together)
- Indigenous Dance with Bhangra mix
- Bhangra by Yukon College Students (Shyloh van Delft, Kultej Singh Gill, and Manpreet Singh).
- Bhangra and Highland Mix Dance with highland dancer Brianna Heal, Crooked Folk (music) and Gurdeep Pandher (Bhangra).
- Entertaining Mini-Play in Punjabi, French and English (By: Gurdeep Pandher and Véronique Lachance)
- Bhangra with the band “The Hibernation” (Jordan Patrick, Sarah Waters, Jerome McIntyre, Anne-Marie Lemaire)
- Live song “When Folks Dance Bhangra” by Gurdeep Pandher and Lianne Cranfield.
- Jerome McIntyre (with Punjabi Dhol Drum) Jordan Patrick (with Bagpipes) – Gurdeep and students Bhangra.
- Free-style dance with DJ
- Bhangra by staff from the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources (Government of Yukon)
- Bhangra with Whitehorse Minor Hockey Team (With Coach Mike Nemeth, Hockey Students and Good Deeds Yukon)
- Whitehorse’s Christmas Garbage Truck Santa (Wayne Henderson) is also a great part of the Bhangra concert🎅! He will be dancing on the stage and add Christmas colours to the show.
- Bhangra videos on large screen
MC: Jacob Zimmer (Artistic Director from Nakai Theatre)
DJ: Daniel Ashley AKA DJ DASH (Dash Music)
Stage Manager: Jeff Wolosewich (From The Dark Fruits)
Photography: Christian Kuntz Photography
Videography: Naomi Hajian
Videography (Second camera): Marten Berkman
YAC Sound-Tech: Mike Wilson – email@example.com
YAC Sound/ event Coordinator: Josh Jansen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lights: Christopher Ross
Presenter/Producer: Gurdeep Pandher
We will have approximately 90 local performers in the show. Blended with many other Yukon cultures, it will be a culturally-rich concert showing the vibrant Yukon diversity.
The Commissioner of Yukon Hon. Madame Angélique Bernard, Yukon’s Deputy Premier Hon. Ranj Pillai, and Mayor of Whitehorse Hon. Dan Curtis are going to attend the concert. They all will make brief speeches. The Deputy Premier will bring the message of the Premier Sandy Silver to the show.
The show-items and line-up will be updated the way we progress towards the show date!
Date and Place:-
- Venue: Yukon Arts Centre, Whitehorse, Yukon
- Show Date: Dec 18, 2018 (Tuesday)
- Doors Open: 6:30 PM
- Show Start Time: 7:00 PM (Sharp)
- Ticket Price: $25 as General Admission, $15 for Yukon College students
- Yukon College students must buy tickets in person from the Arts Centre Box Office by showing their student ID).
- Tickets are available at Yukon Arts Centre, Arts Underground and YukonTickets.com.
- IF ATTENDING, PLEASE RSVP AT OUR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE!
- Please continue checking Gurdeep.ca for updated information!