Photos/Headshots for media/events use:-
Please visit these Dropbox folders to download the photos!
The information provided below is intended for event organizers to aid in the creation of promotional materials or technical uses:-
Gurdeep Pandher is a Yukon-based, Bhangra artist and educator. He creates performance pieces that bring together people from all backgrounds while promoting inclusivity. He is also best known for bringing joy, hope and positivity during the pandemic through his online dance classes, videos and uplifting messages. Millions of viewers throughout the world watch his online dance performances and videos. Videos of Gurdeep dancing Bhangra in frigid cold temperatures at -45ºC/-49ºF, and on frozen lakes and rivers of Canada’s North gained worldwide recognition. He lives in a small cabin without running water in the wilderness of the Yukon. Many international art and media organizations, including BBC News, CBC National, The Globe and Mail, CTV National, and NBC, have published Gurdeep’s works. Gurdeep was also named “This week’s Greatest Canadian” by Global News Radio! Gurdeep’s sessions are a joyful way to introduce exercise, the land of Punjab and the culture of the Punjabi traditional folk dance – “Bhangra.” For more information, please visit Gurdeep.ca
Description of Gurdeep Shows/Events:
Gurdeep’s event format is different and based on movement. His shows or presentations are an interactive mix of 3 different elements. They are a blend of performance, Bhangra dance workshop and his speech on “Joy, Hope and Positivity.” Bhangra is a traditional folk dance of Punjab.
Most of his events are either 45 minutes or one-hour long. However, if this is required, it can also be a 2-hour-long event. In the past, he has done two-hour-long sessions with a break of 20 minutes. If the event is only one hour long or less, then no break is needed. The event duration can also be shortened to 30 or even minutes. During his concerts, workshops and speeches, Gurdeep shares his best tips to find joy in darkness, followed by an interactive Bhangra lesson and performance. After the dance moves are taught, everybody joins together to dance to uplifting Bhangra music. Gurdeep’s sessions are a positive workout and a joyful way to introduce some physical activity.
His sessions are inclusive and open to everyone. He makes an effort to ensure that people with disabilities are able to join and shows how they can try the movements with their wheelchair or mobility aid. People of all ages, genders, walks of life, backgrounds, and physical abilities can participate.
In the past, Gurdeep spoke at the events of Google Canada, TD Bank, Volkswagen America, The Government of Canada’s various departments, KPMG, IBM, Schools and Universities across Canada, Sun Life Financial, and many other organizations.
Bio in a more informal style if you would like to use:-
This bio was written by “Sun Life Financial” for their event! So, credit goes to them:
- We are delighted to introduce a very special guest on our own special day.
- Joining us to spread positivity and joy is Canadian celebrity Gurdeep Pandher.
- Gurdeep lives in the Yukon and has half a million followers across the world who enjoy watching his traditional Bhangra dance videos.
- Especially during COVID, his videos have lifted many people’s spirits and helped them get through the pandemic. Gurdeep has been featured on BBC News, CTV News, Global News, The Star, the CAA Magazine and many more news outlets. Just last week, Gurdeep was named “This week’s Greatest Canadian” by Global News Radio!
Other informal notes:
- Danced at -45 degrees Celcius
- Danced over frozen lakes
- Bhangra is a traditional dance of the Punjabi/Sikh farmers to bring fun and entertainment.
- Has driven all across Canada.
- Has given dance lessons to Canadian armed forces, including Indigenous Chiefs and communities.
- Lives in a small cabin without running water in the wilderness of the Yukon.
- The main objective is to spread hope, positivity and joy.