The information provided below is intended for event organizers to aid in the creation of promotional materials or technical uses:-
Gurdeep Pandher is a Yukon based, Bhangra instructor. He creates performance pieces that bring together artists from all backgrounds while promoting inclusivity and diversity. Currently, he is best known for bringing happiness and positivity during the pandemic through his online dance classes and videos. The dance performances and videos are watched by millions of viewers throughout the world. Gurdeep’s works have been published by many international art and media organizations including BBC News, CBC National, The Globe and Mail. Although he is presently a dance instructor at the Yukon University, Gurdeep has experience teaching Bhangra workshops at many venues in the Yukon, Canada and throughout the world. Along with this, his sessions are a considerable workout and a fun way to introduce physical activity. For more information, please visit Gurdeep.ca
Bio in more informal style if you would like to use:-
This bio was written by “Sun Life Financial” for their event! So, credit goes to them:
- We are delighted to introduce a very special guest on our own special day.
- Joining us to spread positivity and joy is Canadian celebrity Gurdeep Pandher.
- Gurdeep lives in the Yukon and has about 200,000 followers across the world who enjoy watching his traditional Bhangra dance videos.
- Especially during COVID his videos have lifted many people’s spirits and helped them get through the pandemic. Gurdeep has been featured on BBC News, CTV News, Global News, The Star, the CAA Magazine and many more news outlets. Just last week Gurdeep was named “This week’s Greatest Canadian” by Global news Radio!
- Danced in -45 degrees Celcius
- Danced over frozen lakes
- Bhangra is a traditional dance of the Punjabi/Sikh farmers to bring fun and entertainment
- Has travelled all over Canada via road.
- Has given dance lessons to Canadian armed forces, including Indigenous Cheifs and communities.
- Lives in a small cabin without running water in the wilderness of the Yukon.
- The main objective is to spread positivity and joy
- We are delighted to spend some time with Gurdeep today. Please get your dance shoes ready!
Gurdeep over to you!
Social Media Links/Website:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GurdeepPandher/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GurdeepPandher
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/GurdeepPandher/
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/GurdeepPandher
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/GurdeepPandher/
Description of Bhangra Classes/Workshops:-
Gurdeep’s classes are an entertaining introduction to Bhangra dance and culture, as well as a great fitness activity. During the workshop, Gurdeep teaches the Bhangra moves one-by-one and breaks down the movements into several smaller pieces in order to aid the learning process. When all the moves are well-practiced, everybody joins together to dance to uplifting Bhangra music. Bhangra is a traditional Punjabi dance that was developed by Sikh farmers in Punjab, a region located in South Asia near Kashmir. The movements require a high energy level, therefore the Bhangra is an intense workout, in addition to a cultural learning opportunity.
Headshots/Photos for media/events use:-
- Please visit this Dropbox folder to download the photos!
- Or you can also use the ones given below:-