Gurdeep uses the positive, happy and high energy of Bhangra dance for:-
- inclusive community development by building cross-cultural bridges
- combating racism by bringing people together
- raising health awareness by high-energy workouts
- promoting unity-in-diversity by doing things together
- spreading happiness by sharing the happy dance
If you like to organize an event like this in your town, Gurdeep will be happy to come to do a one-hour long bhangra workshop.
More About Gurdeep’s Work
Gurdeep Pandher lives in Whitehorse, Yukon. Here are some links to his work:-
- Video with Whitehorse Mayor Dan Curtis showing him how to wear a Sikh turban and dance Bhangra. The video went viral and even BBC News broadcasted it. Here is the link:- BBCs.uk
- A video project with Canadian Armed Forces to promote inclusion in the Canadian Forces. Please check this link from Government of Canada’s website:- CA-F.ca
- Bhangra in Old Crow with the Cheif of the Vuntut Gwitchin First Nation Government. Check this link from APTN National News.
- Bhangra in the Schools.
Gurdeep, you are such an amazing addition to our community, thank you for making Whitehorse home!
~ Dan Curtis, The Mayor of City of Whitehorse
Interested in hosting community bhangra in your town?
Please click here to contact Gurdeep!